How do you feel when you take a walk in nature? Do you feel a sense of appreciation that everything beautiful in life is free? Do you feel more grounded and more relaxed? Do you feel like you can take on the world after a good walk?
Taking a walk in nature is one sure way to self healing helping to overcome any challenges and obstacles that you may be facing in life.
There are actually so many benefits to taking a walk in nature and not only does it benefit your mental health but also benefits you physically which can be classed as your exercise for the day.
There are many different types of walks, these include:
– Meditative – having a mindful stroll by mindfully taking in the environment around you – the trees, the breeze, how you’re feeling and sensations of your feet hitting the ground as you walk. This is a great way to come back to yourself, get grounded and rebalance your inner self especially if you’re feeling stressed or something isn’t going your way.
– Power walk – put your earphones on, blast that music to give you energy for your walk. Personally, this helps me release any blockages I have, it increases my confidence and it provides me with that ‘can do’ attitude.
– Walk with friends – this is a great way to not only appreciate and take in the nature around you but also socialising at the same time. I love this one but unfortunately, lockdown is here in London so I am on the power walk phase at the moment for physical and mental health.
– Exercise intention – if you have an exercise goal in mind, you can walk 30 mins, 60 mins or however much you want to burn off any unwanted calories and increase your energy and boost your mood for the rest of the day.
What does taking a walk (in nature specifically) do for you?
- Helps boost your immune system thanks to the fresh air and exercise.
- Helps reduce any form of depression and anxieties that you may be experiencing.
- Reconnecting with nature will help you appreciate all the wonderful natural beauty that the world has to offer us.
- It lifts your spirits which is linked to point 2 here.
- A better outlook on life, positivity & happiness.
Since we’ve been in lockdown pretty much leading up to a year now, I’ve taken the time to shoot some lovely photos of my walks – it’s so nice to look back, reflect and watch the seasons change. I’ve included some these photos in this post, I hope you enjoy them 😃
Have you walked today? ☀️ 😎 🚶♀️