I’ve been practicing yoga for just over one year and this has improved my wellbeing and life so much that’s a beautiful addition to my life.
The events of last year would’ve been handled quite differently if I didn’t incorporate yoga as part of my daily regimen. I consider myself as someone with a lot strength (emotionally and mentally) but my emotions throughout the whole of last year were all over the place and if I hadn’t introduced yoga into my life, then 2020 would’ve been a lot more difficult than it already was turning out to be. Yoga has helped me to regulate my emotions so that I can deal with these in a more calm manner through gained inner strength 💛
Yoga for me centers, grounds me and I find it more than just a physical practice; yoga unites your whole being, spiritually, physically, mentally and emotionally. I imagine all these elements being combined into one beautiful flow of surrender, release, accepting & letting go.
I read recently that we store trauma, stress, fear, anxieties and emotional pain in our hips, I had no idea about this but I have noticed that whenever I’m in savasana pose, I start to cry all of a sudden or if I’m doing any poses stretching the hips. I can get quite teary-eyed, so this recent revelation definitely makes sense to me – albeit it doesn’t happen all the time but when it does, I’m happy to release these emotions (especially now I know the reason behind it). Better out than in!
My Top 5 Favourite Yoga Poses
- Savasana – I do love this pose despite having a hard time relaxing into this pose and switching my mind off. But, I’m learning to focus on my breath during this pose and any time my mind wanders off, I return to focus on my breath.
- Waterfall – I love the feeling of the gravity on my legs. I am working on straightening my legs though during this pose.
- Warrior 2 – does anyone else feel extremely powerful doing this pose despite your thighs burning like fire? 😂
- Wide Legged Fold – that feeling & that much needed stretch in your thighs and hamstrings feels bliss for me.
- Bound Angle – I have tight hips and hamstrings so this pose is perfect for me
Do you yoga? Are you a yogi? 🧘♀️
INHALE. EXHALE. AND BREATHE ✌️